Thursday, November 11, 2010

State of the nation

Day light saving has come and gone,but the days of the sovereign state are only getting darker, according to every news bulletin, news paper and radio broadcast. I'm beginning to wonder have I bitten off more than I can chew returning home. Got this in an email today and made me smile a little, albeit nervously.....
Listening to the news today I really can't help but wonder is it really that bad. I'm beginning to think so, particularly when the so called 'government' can't stop bickering, hissing and spitting at each other. Schoolboys. What keeps coming up in all these discussions is the 'fact' that a given family now has to choose between paying bills and eating. This all seems a little surreal. Although it seems that we've all experienced this before. When I say 'we' and 'experience', I mean the nation and our forefathers. The question one has to ask, what have we left to show for it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment